Dodge offers an internship program for students completing their junior year of college or graduating from college in 2012, with a major or degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Mass Communications. The internship program will pay $10.00 an hour for a 20 hour work week. Students should have a strong academic record (3.0 strongly preferred) and present a resume for consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Project Account Management
- Works with the account team to insure high quality and responsive service to clients
- Assist in writing, editing, and distributing a wide variety of PR materials, including press releases, media alerts, bylined articles, calendar listings and pitch letters
- Meets multiple schedule deadlines
- Does research for projects assigned by Senior Account Manager/Director
- Proofreads and edits documents prepared for the client as necessary
- Works with the team on ideas for developing image and branding strategies with the Senior Account Manager/Director
- Provides management with research for communications campaigns
- Stays educated in all social media skills to include traditional, online and social networking.
- Assist in media relations activities such as planning, pitching and press release development.
Completing a junior year in college or recent college graduate with a degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Mass Communications. Must be self motivated and have the ability to grasp healthcare and technology messages, very detailed oriented and a great communicator. Must be a self starter with high energy, have the ability to multi task and to meet the expectations of our clients.